Battery and Hudson Parks
New York City Parks
Welcome to your park. This is a shared public space provided for your enjoyment and recreation. Dogs must be properly licensed and vaccinated. Be courteous and respectful to others, and please keep the park clean.
The Hudson River Estuary Program
New York State established the Hudson River Estuary Program in 1987 to conserve the estuary’s natural resources and sustain the benefits they provide. Based in the Department of Environmental Conservation, the program partners with state agencies, local governments, and private groups in carrying out projects to protect the ecosystem, promote access to an enjoyment of the estuary, and clean up pollution. The interpretive station, part of a network from Troy to New York City, furthers these aims by increasing public understanding of the estuary.
Park rules prohibit:
- Loitering and dumping of debris
- Smoking within the park
- Barbecuing, except in designated areas
- Unleashed dogs, except in designated areas between the hours of 9pm to 9am when the park is open
- Using illegal drugs and alcohol
- Feeding birds and squirrels
- Entering the park after it is closed
- Solicitation and obstructing entrances
- Amplifying sound, performing and rallying, engaging in commercial activity, and vehicles, except by permit.